Thursday, November 22, 2012

Confession: I Am Over Black Nail Polish. Are You?




Forget the bags, the shoes. For the nail polish obsessed, the best accessory for fall is lacquer. So what shades generated the most buzz at fashion week? Think deep, dark variations of red and navy offset by cool tones of minimalist white and beige. The bigger moments of drama belonged to pop-art effects and touches of texture (leather nails!) worn in an unexpected way.
Now, I retain the right to change my mind any second now, but lately, I’ve just been completely done with black nail polish. I’m over it. We are no longer friends. What about you?
I mean, clearly, plenty of people disagree with me. I still see it out and about on women here in New York on a daily basis. And celebrities are still going out with black-lacquered fingers and toes.
But I don’t know, I think I just overdosed on it or something–I just can’t bring myself to choose onyx polish at the salon anymore. I’m more into taupes, browns, plums, navys and other dark shades for some reason.
How about you? What are your feelings on black polish these days? Vote below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment